Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Project Progress

You may have read this post I wrote about all the projects I have planned for Baby Molly's nursery. Well, so far I have made great progress and I still have a little less than 3 months to go! I have even added a few new projects to the list. Making my own baby bedding has been time consuming but very fun. I've loved every minute. 

For her bedding, I decided not to use a crib bumper. I used one with Graham but I recently saw a news story about how dangerous bumpers are and it scared me! I have finished the baby blanket (I loosely followed this tutorial):


And I'm working on 2 crib sheets (with this tutorial, although I've changed it quite a bit):


Haven't started the crib skirt yet but I have my fabric:


Haven't started on the nursing cover yet but I have fabric for that too (tutorial):


Burp cloths are finished (tutorial), this was a super fun/easy/cheap project:


I've started on the Christmas stocking. It's fun to work on here and there when I am relaxing on the couch watching TV. I don't really plan on finishing it by Christmas but we'll see:


I found this "bow board" on pinterest and decided to make one for Miss Molly to store and display her cute bows and headbands. Here is the one from pinterest:


And here is the one I made:


I am also going to use another idea I got from pinterest (one of my favorite websites, by the way) to decorate Molly's room:



 My dad is making the wooden letters for me and I am going to fill the embroidery hoops with scraps of fabric leftover from the bedding. I think it is going to be cute! My Aunt Rachel has graciously agreed to help me make 2 changing pad covers in the same soft pink minky that's on the back of the blanket. I tried doing that myself but I was in over my head. Thanks Dad and Rachel for your help!




2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed Katie! You are way ahead! I still have one project to finish before the big reveal. You're so lucky you can sew too, I had to have my mom make everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, Cute, Cute!!!! You are such a great crafter!!

    ReplyDelete