Thursday, March 29, 2012

Book Review

I recently borrowed this book, Twelve Clean Pages, from a friend, and last night I finished it.
This memoir was written by a women who attends our church (never met her). It is such an incredible story. I truly wish I could buy 20 copies and give them to loved ones! Nika Maples suffered from Lupus from the age of 12, and at the age of 20 suffered a stroke that left her a quadriplegic. Despite a grim prognosis, Nika recovered her abilities to walk and talk. She became a high school English teacher and eventually won the Texas state teacher of the year award. In all her trials and successes, Nika strove to serve the Lord and bring glory to Him. I read a lot of books, but this was definitely a favorite for me. Nika most definitely has a talent for writing in a unique, beautiful way. I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. I have heard a little of Nika's story, but would love to read more about it! Sounds like I just found my next book of the month. :)

    ReplyDelete