Monday, March 5, 2012

Toddler Bed

Sooo....Graham can climb out of his crib now. I used to be able to put him there for time outs; and one day he climbed out during a time out. I thought about converting his crib to a toddler bed then, but I put it off out of fear. Then, last Friday while he was supposed to be napping, I heard some strange noises. I don't have a video monitor so I opened the door, and sure enough he was walking around in his room! I knew then that it was time for his big boy bed, lest he brake his neck the next time he decides to climb out.
So on Saturday Chad converted his crib to a toddler bed. Basically, the front of the bed came off and we put up a low rail that has a space for him to climb out. He was immediately very proud of his new bed! I was very worried that he would not sleep well anymore now that he can get out easily whenever he wants to. Boy, did he prove me wrong! Its been 3 days now, and if anything he is sleeping better than he did before! I am so proud.

Its funny how in parenting, sometimes the things we think are going to be very challenging turn out to be easy as pie, and sometimes the things we think will be a snap make us pull our hair out. Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment