Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Oh the joys and challenges of having an *almost* 2 year old

As Graham get older and approaches the fearful "terrible twos," it seems that every day I am rejoicing and lamenting. Yes, in many ways life if easier and funner now than it every has been! Oh, but yes, I some days feel like I am losing my mind, and fighting a losing battle. Examples:

Joys:
1. He has become very helpful around the house. He helps me clean, unload the dishwasher, etc.
2. He is becoming more verbal, and every day is more capable of telling me his wants and needs
3. He is more independent. He wants to play on his own intermittently throughout the day.
4. He is more flexible. If we have to skip his nap or stay up late on occasion, its no biggie.
5. He is (FINALLY) okay with being left in the nursery at church. I was starting to wonder if this would happen!

Challenges:
1. He is testing the waters when it comes to asserting his will in all areas of life. Lord have mercy.

Yeah, that statement pretty much says it all.

I know, I know. It's part of toddlerhood. It's temporary. I know. Sometimes it's just hard to see the forest through the trees!


PS - My camera battery is dead, and I keep forgetting to charge it. New pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment