Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Moved

Well, its been a while since I've written anything but with good reason! On Saturday we moved into a new rental house in East Fort Worth. Last week was a crazy marathon of packing, organizing, and getting rid of things. I owe a big thank you to some wonderful friends who helped us and to my family who watched Graham on moving day and helped move a few car-loads as well. We closed on our house Friday morning and the movers arrived Saturday early afternoon. We used Firefighter's Finest Movers and I was extremely pleased with the results. They worked fast, and were very polite and careful with our furniture. But no matter how you slice it, moving is a lot of hard work and very stressful. I'M SO GLAD ITS OVER!!!

We've been in our new house now for three days and it is starting to feel like home! I was pretty worried about how Graham would handle the adjustment. He really relies on predicability, like most kids. However, he has done so well. He really liked unpacking his room, as if all his books and toys were new all over again! I have been so proud of him and how he's handled all this change.

Our new house is smaller than the house we owned. Downsizing is hard! I keep unpacking things and thinking, "what am I going to do with this??" It's good to get started on downsizing now though, because we will be downsizing even more when we move to Uganda.

Now that we are finally settled into our new house, I feel like I can start getting excited about some other things. Like the fact that we are going on vacation next week! And that I am almost half way through this pregnancy! I have really not even started thinking about and preparing for a new baby, I've been busy with other things. I'm ready now to enjoy the process of preparation! I cannot wait to have New Baby home with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment