Thursday, July 5, 2012

It's a....(part 2)

My dad did an ultrasound for us when I was 14 weeks along, and we all agreed it was a boy (my mom, dad, Chad, and I were all there). However, he strictly warned me that it was really too early to tell for sure, and that I should wait a few more weeks to tell for sure. I felt free to not listen to him, as you can tell by this blog post.

At 17 weeks he did another ultrasound. That time my brother Jon and my grandmother were the only people who came. We looked and looked but never saw any boy parts! My dad felt certain that it was girl. I was shocked. I had been thinking and planning about a baby boy for 3 weeks! Luckily I hadn't really bought anything yet. I had a really hard time adjusting my mindset to girl. Chad and I decided to wait until my 20 week ultrasound to tell everyone about the 17-week discovery. That way we would know for sure whether or not it was really a girl. We both kind of had a hard time believing it!

This morning I had my 20 week (I CANNOT BELIEVE I am halfway through this pregnancy!) ultrasound at my doctor's office. Chad couldn't make it and I had to bring Graham with me, but he was a really good boy! The ultrasound tech confirmed the fact that the baby is, most definitely, a GIRL!!! I am so incredibly thrilled, and so is Chad! God has really blessed us with one of each, and we are so happy! 

When I first got pregnant, Chad and I picked out a girl name almost right away and had trouble thinking of boy names. SO....Baby Girl's name is......

Molly Inez Allen

Baby Molly is looking perfectly healthy and is growing right on track. We just cannot wait to meet her and see what she looks like! I will post some ultrasound pictures soon. 

10 comments:

  1. What?! Love it! So happy for you guys! You are always in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This exact scenario happened with my Meredith Grace. Your precious daddy said "boy" first at 15 weeks, but warned me that it was too early. Then I went back at 18 weeks and he looked and said, "I told you this baby was a girl, right?" ha!! Girls are SO fun and I am so thankful she is healthy! Love her name and love your entire family. Baby Molly is an incredibly blessed little girl already. ;) hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girls are soooo much fun, and bad for my checking account :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! I have to say....your dad was spot on with Colby and Curry!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting! I have to say....your dad was spot on with Colby and Curry!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting! I have to say....your dad was spot on with Colby and Curry!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So exciting! I have to say....your dad was spot on with Colby and Curry!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how exciting!!!!!!!!!! love her name!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!!!! I love it! SOOO excited for yall! And I LOVE Molly!! Congratulations Katie!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just reading this. CONGRATS KATIE!!!! Molly is so blessed to be joining your family. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete