Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Books

Today I was inspired by my friend Jessica's post about the book she just finished to post about some of the reading I have been doing lately. A few months ago my mom bought me The Distant Hours by Kate Morton.












I love mysteries and was hooked right away. I've read a lot of mysteries but I've never read anything quite like this. The author weaves such an intricate web of stories, skipping around from one time period to another, and shifting storytellers with each chapter. I loved every minute! And when I finished, the author had successfully tied up every loose end she had created, leaving me feeling very satisfied. I liked it so much that I checked out her 2 previous books at the library (The House at Riverton and The Forgotten Garden). They were all 3 quite lengthy but I had no trouble finishing them in a matter of weeks. I love stories that simply transport you to another time and place. I can't wait to see what Kate Morton comes up with next!

After that I decided to see what all the hype is about and read The Hunger Games.












I will not say that this was my favorite book I've ever read. However, it has an addictive quality that I've never really experienced before. I literally could not put it down. I finished it in 24 hours. It's very easy to read and extremely compelling. But reader beware: there is a lot of violence. I am in the process of reading the sequel right now: Catching Fire. There is a third book too which I will probably read called The Mockingjay.

Do you have any good recommendations??

2 comments:

  1. I've been contemplating whether or not I should read The Hunger Games. I'll have to talk with you more about it soon - and see if you have any more good book recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have it if you want to borrow it.

    ReplyDelete