Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Book Reviews

Recently I've read some books that have gotten rave reviews. They are:

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes


This was such a good book. It's about a young woman who goes to work as a companion for a quadriplegic man. It's a sad and inspiring love story that really makes you think. I'm still thinking about it! The characters have a lot of depth. The ending took me by surprise and I couldn't decide if I liked it or not. I finished this book in less than two days. I couldn't seem to stop! I definitely recommend it.

The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty


This was also a good book! It's about a wife and mother who unexpectedly finds a letter written by her husband. She is only supposed to open it in the event of his death. But she does open it, and her life is never the same. I would call this book a mystery. It's not a murder mystery that the characters are trying to solve, but rather a mystery for the reader to solve. This book surprised me more than once, and again, I couldn't put it down. Definitely a great read for anyone who loves reading.

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green


This was by far the saddest book I've ever read. It was a beautiful, inspiring story...but if you read it, bring the kleenex. This is a book about a teenage girl who is dying of terminal cancer. Against all odds, she finds her soul mate in a cancer survivor she meets in a support group. They have an unmistakable chemistry from the beginning, but she holds back for a long time out of fear of hurting him. They don't have much time together, but their love is honest and deep. I'm still surprised that this book was written by a man. He captures this sweet love story and while it is sad, it is also funny and touching.  

1 comment:

  1. I always love your book reviews, Katie. :) I'll have to file these titles away for that day (in the not-so-distant future, I hope) when I get to read again!

    ReplyDelete