Monday, January 13, 2014

Independence

It's time to face the facts.

I have an almost 4 year old.

He needs me less and less. And while this is exactly what I want and hope for him, letting go is still hard.

He picks out his own clothes in the morning and dresses himself.

He plays in his room by himself and when I check on him he says, "Close the door mom. I'm just playing."

He wants to wash himself in the tub and brush his own teeth, but still needs some help.

He builds his very own elaborate lego towers.

He loves to make his own choices and decisions about everything. 

I'm so so so proud of him.

But as his mom, I reserve the right to be a teensy bit sad that he is getting so big.

Dear Lord, help me to train him to be more like you, and help me to let go bit by bit where I need to. Thank you for trusting me with him.



No comments:

Post a Comment