Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sensory Tub

I got this idea from my friend Erin. Actually I have done this activity many times when I used to teach Head Start and Pre-K, but somehow it never occurred to me to try it with my own child! The whole thing cost about $10. I spend $7 on the tub, because I wanted something I could permanently use for this activity, but you could certainly use any kind of shallow tub or baking dish that you already have. I also bought 4 bags of various dried beans and lentils (rice also works well). I had some pom poms in my craft drawers that I threw in, and also added disposable bowls and spoons and some measuring cups and spoons. 

I cannot tell you how much Graham has enjoyed this! He scoops, pours, measures, stacks, laughs, and does it all over again. 

*note: do not attempt unless your child is past the age of putting everything in their mouth. 






2 comments:

  1. I love this! I think Eli needs his own sensory tub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad he liked it! This week I'm gonna put some plastic bugs in it from dollar tree, since they are learning about bugs at school!

    ReplyDelete