Wednesday, February 13, 2013

60th Anniversary

Can you believe that my grandparents have been married 60 years??? They have been an incredible example of a godly marriage to hundreds of people, myself included. I'm so proud of their legacy.

This past weekend we traveled up to Arkansas for a little anniversary get-together. It was such a blessing. My mom's brothers and their families live in California; we don't get to see them very often so we were pretty excited that they came. We all stayed at the fabulous Red Apple Inn near Greers Ferry Lake. It was so much fun that we didn't even leave the hotel once we got there! But I'm getting ahead of myself...

It was supposed to take about 6 and 1/2 hours to get there. We knew that with a 2 year old and an infant that it would take us longer. We left at 1 pm on Friday. The kids did surprisingly well in the car. We bought Graham a portable DVD player (one thing I said I would never do, never say never people!). Molly hardly made a peep.



But then we hit a MAJOR accident that had I30 closed for about 4 hours. That put us back about 2 and 1/2 hours. All told it took us 10 hours. We were sure happy to arrive!

On Saturday we awoke to an absolutely delicious breakfast at the hotel restaurant. In fact, it was so good that we ate lunch there, and dinner, and breakfast the next day! We spent the day visiting, reminiscing, playing with the kids, even though it was cold I enjoyed a walk. That is a really special hotel and we loved being there. My grandparents had a suite so we all had a place to hang out.




We were reluctant to leave the next morning but were excited about car-pooling with my mom and brother. Unfortunately, Graham got car-sick on the curvy roads and soaked the backseat with vomit. It was BAD. But we all had a good attitude and made it home in good time. And Graham actually fell asleep after his sick episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment