Thursday, August 9, 2012

Quick Visit to Arkansas

After looking for 3 years, my mom has gotten a full-time teaching job!! I am so happy for her. Today was her first day. 

We decided last week to make a quick trip to Searcy Arkansas this week to visit my grandparents. Since my mom is starting her job, we won't be able to go any other time soon. Especially with Baby Molly coming in a few months! This was a very quick trip, just the 3 of us. We left Monday morning and came back Wednesday. Graham did pretty good in the car, especially with a little help from the DVD player my mom has in her car! It was wonderful to see my grandparents, and I always love visiting Searcy. My grandparents have lived there almost my whole life, and I went to college there at Harding. Not to mention I met my wonderful husband there!

We did some really fun things like getting coffee at Midnight Oil, shopping at Hays and the Harding Bookstore, walking around campus, eating at the Dixie Cafe, and getting strawberry shortcake in Bald Knob. It was short but sweet! We also spent a lot of time watching the Olympics, which I have really been enjoying. I think I'll be a little let down when its over! We were so busy, and there such a short time, that I didn't take any pictures. 

Thanks Grama Frankie and Papa Carl for such a wonderful visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment