Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year, New Developments...

This is always a difficult time of year in our family. The 3 of us enjoyed a heavenly 2 weeks at home together over the holidays! Now Chad's back to work and this is his busy time of year. Right now he is working 7-7 which is a lot but it could be a lot worse (as you CPA wives know)! It's harder this year because we have our little one that Chad wants to spend time with. G and I have been meeting him downtown for lunch once or twice a week to sneak in some extra daddy time.

This time of year I always to try to get busy and line up plenty of activities to keep me (and G) from getting lonely. I have signed up for a ladies bible class at church about David and I can't wait for it to start! I am attending a free introductory class at The Little Gym with a friend and am considering joining. I am hosting a craft day later this month! I have a few little play dates planned here and there and look forward to having more. I have made 2 New Year's resolutions this year (which I don't normally do): reading the bible through in a year and keeping our budget. These are ambitious resolutions for me and I hope I can keep it up!

Graham seems to be learning new things all the time now. He is "army crawling" ALL OVER our house! This has been a big change. I have to watch him like a hawk now! He is into everything. He can easily get on his hands and knees, and I think that he will learn how to do the traditional crawl soon. He learned how to clap by observation and now understands the command "clap your hands." Therefore, I have decided that he might be ready to learn a few baby signs! I have been anxious to begin teaching him since I learned quite a bit of sign language while I worked at Waverly Park. I'm going to start with "milk" and "more." I'll let you know how that goes!

I may not sound like it, but I am feeling very upbeat and positive about this new year. I know that theses months that Chad has to work hard will go by fast. I am excited to see what the coming weeks and months ahead will bring!


No comments:

Post a Comment