Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas!

This has been a very special but very unusual Christmas for us! It all started on Christmas Eve when Chad and I were supposed to go to a Christmas gathering at my grandparents' house in Azle. That day we both came down with a nasty stomach bug and were totally incapacitated. My parents came and picked up Graham and took him to the party, which was good because we were both too sick to take care of him! I was very disappointed to miss the party. My mom came and stayed the night that night in order to help us with G. What a long night! Being sick like that is miserable. The next day we both were better but very weak. We enjoyed watching G open his presents but the sound of the paper tearing really scared him! He cried though most of the unwrapping. He got some very special gifts including some hand-made building blocks from my dad and a laugh and learn house from us. We were thankful that my parents were able to be there to help us with him while we recovered. On Saturday, before he even got to our house, my brother Jon got the stomach bug also (my other brother Britt went to California for Christmas). My mom ended up getting it on Sunday. Everyone stayed the weekend at our house, so my dad started to call our house "the hospital." Somehow, Graham never got sick, and I am so thankful. It was a wonderful time of togetherness even though most of us felt rotten. My illness almost caused me to not be able to nurse little G anymore because of dehydration, but thankfully my milk supply is back up and all is well! We are looking forward to Chad's mom and Tom coming to visit this weekend (and hopefully no one will get sick!). I have uploaded some pictures and 2 videos. One is Graham opening his present from us - he was very upset because of the tearing noise. The other one is G clapping. He learned how to clap on Christmas Day!!










































































No comments:

Post a Comment