Sunday, December 27, 2015

2015 Books

My goal for 2015 was to read 40 books. I didn't quite make it, I've finished 36 and I have 2 that are not quite finished yet. Here are the books I enjoyed the most this year. 

The Lake House by Kate Morton
I love everything by Kate Morton. She is one of my favorite authors. I anxiously awaited this book coming out. It was everything I've come to expect in a Kate Morton book: a complicated mystery, lots of jumping back and forth between time periods, and interesting places and characters. I highly recommend The Lake House.

Circling the Sun by Paula McLain
The Paris Wife is the first book I've read by Paula McLain. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to read her newest book: Circling the Sun. This book is historical fiction depicting the life of Beryl Markham, a famous pilot. Beryl grew up in colonial Kenya, and worked most of her life as a horse trainer. She lead a fascinating life, and this was a fascinating book!

The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
I love books about World War II. In fact I'm kind of addicted. And let me tell you, this is a really good one, although it's fiction. It tells the tale of two sisters fighting for their lives in occupied France. The younger one becomes involved in smuggling downed British pilots across the border. The other helps orphaned Jewish children find new homes and forged papers. This is a must-read for anyone who enjoys this genre. 

For the Love by Jen Hatmaker
I discovered Jen Hatmaker this year. Where have I been? She is so funny! I loved this book. It was hilarious, encouraging, heart-warming, and insightful. If you're a Christian mom, you NEED to read this. 

North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
This is not a new book at all. It's an old book that I hadn't read before. I really enjoy books from this time period (such as Jane Eyre), and I was so happy to discover one I haven't read before. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and then watching the BBC miniseries afterwards. 

The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson
This isn't a new book either, but it was recommended to me by a friend. This is one of the funniest books I've ever read

No comments:

Post a Comment