Friday, August 30, 2013

Flashback: My Brother's Wedding

Have I mentioned that I have a beautiful new sister-in-law??? It's true! My brother Jon and his significant other Lauren were kind and thoughtful enough to have their wedding before we left for Uganda. Wow. I don't think I can ever say how much it meant to me (and to all of us) that we could be there. 

Here are a few pictures from the rehearsal. Molly and I didn't go, but Chad and Graham were in the wedding party and braved the (really intense) June heat to be there. Unfortunately I think the heat was too much for Graham because he started throwing up right before the rehearsal dinner, which was at Maggiano's. I have the most wonderful mother-in-law who volunteered to leave the dinner to take Graham home so that none of the rest of us had to miss it. I'm so thankful Paula!


The rehearsal dinner was really fun with great food, by the way.


Aren't they the cutest couple??


My uncle, aunt, and cousins from California came for the wedding. On Saturday morning before the wedding they came over for brunch. It was such a blast to get to catch up with family that we don't get to see very often. I sure do love them! 

The day of the wedding, which was an outdoor wedding, was H-O-T hot! The ceremony was short but sweet and very touching. Graham helped pull Molly down the isle in a wagon! After pictures, we all gathered under a large tent for the reception. Unfortunately, Graham started to run fever and feel sick again. And once again, my mother-in-law came to the rescue. He needed to go home and go to bed, and she was sweet enough to take him so that Chad and I didn't have to miss the reception. I feel so bad that she flew in for the weekend and then had to miss the rehearsal AND the wedding, but I am SO THANKFUL that I didn't have to miss it. 









The reception was the funnest wedding reception I've ever been to. There was delicious homestyle food, a photo booth with fun dress-up clothes, and a dance floor with great music. And here's the thing: people danced! I've been to weddings before with dancing and it usually involved 2 or 3 brave couples awkwardly dancing while everyone else watches. At this reception, the dance floor was packed. We all danced and it was a blast. It was so hot that we took Molly's dress off and she was naked throughout. :)

I am so happy for Jon and thankful to the Lord that he brought Lauren into Jon's life. It was really special to get to be with him on his special day. I am so proud of him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment