Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Play/Work Day

Chad and I are in the process of re-doing our laundry room. We are planning to try to sell our house again this spring, so we are doing a few inexpensive projects here and there to spruce it up. Our laundry room was the most boring room in the house. Plain white walls, white washer and dryer, and one really high plain white shelf above them. That shelf is now gone and we (well, I) have painted the room a beautiful flagstone gray.

I have admired my good friend Emily's laundry room. Well, I admire pretty much everything in her house!! She has exceptional taste and a husband who is very handy and can create just about anything that she imagines. Her laundry room is gray and her husband Wayne built some beautiful shelves for it. I decided to copy her and I invited their whole family to come over this past weekend for a play/work day.

Wayne and Emily have a beautiful daughter named Hailey, who is almost exactly a year younger than Graham. Graham, Hailey, Emily and I played in the living room while Chad and Wayne installed our new shelves. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how they turned out! I will post some pictures when I get it all finished.

I didn't take many pictures Saturday but I did get a couple shots of Graham and Hailey playing at Graham's table. I'm telling you, she is such a sweet, CUTE little girl. Love her!

Graham looks SO big in these pictures!

Thank you so much, friends, for coming over!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I can't wait to see pics of the finished product. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to show you! I love how it is turning out, and it's actually been fun!

    ReplyDelete