Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Books....lately

I haven't really had anything new to read in a while, so I've done what I usually do and reread some of my old favorites. Most recently:
Persuasion has, in recent years, been my favorite of Jane Austen's novels. It's an under-appreciated story, and I love reading it again and again. Although lately my favorite may be Northanger Abbey.
The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle was by far my favorite book as a child. I've probably read it 15 times. It's a story full of adventure and surprises, and every once in a while I like to read it again.
I really like Frances Hodgson Burnett's book The Secret Garden and I like to read it now and again, but I haven't read A Little Princess since childhood. One night before bed I was searching our shelves for something to read (I can't really fall asleep without reading for a while first) and I chose this book. I truly enjoyed it, but I do prefer The Secret Garden.
I was finally tired of rereading old books and I ordered a few new ones. The first of which arrived yesterday and I'm a little ashamed to admit - I've already finished it! One of my FAVORITE time periods to read about is the 1800's during the pioneer days. So I decided to read Love Comes Softly, which I've heard about. It's Christian historical fiction. I loved it, I'm getting the sequels.

As you can see, I'm in desperate need of some new book recommendations!

2 comments: