Monday, October 4, 2010

Camping!

This weekend we went camping with my extended family (on my dad's side) near Bowie, TX. Most of the group arrived Friday night and stayed through the weekend. We arrived at around lunch time on Saturday, intending to stay all day, not sure if we would stay the night. We had so much fun on Saturday walking, playing games, and visiting with family. We all brought our dogs so there were 8 dogs running around (including Razz). Everyone wanted to love on and hold Graham, of course. We were worried about spending the night because we were concerned that it would get really cold and that none of us would get a good night's sleep. But, that evening we decided to stay. We slept in my mom and dad's HUGE tent. Graham started out the night in his pack and play all bundled up (it wasn't that cold). Around 2:30 the temp. had dropped and Graham's face felt cold so I moved him into our bed; which I didn't want to do because I get so worried about him suffocating, but I felt like I needed to in order to keep him warm. I kept waking up over and over to check and make sure the blankets didn't cover his face! After a few hours I moved him onto my chest where he got and stayed toasty warm. In the morning he was plenty warm but I was cold! I found out that it had gotten down to 47 degrees. Brrr! We ended the memorable trip with a big breakfast and informal church service around the camp fire. I think Graham liked camping! It sure was fun for us. I hope that we'll get to go again soon and make it an Allen family tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment